ardath_rekha: (Scholarly and tired)
[personal profile] ardath_rekha
So I realize that it's been pretty much half a year since I posted. I should probably put an update up here.

1. Alive and well... I've just been terribly busy.

2. Finishing up my Masters Thesis and preparing for the next gauntlet: PhD time. The Masters program I was in didn't require a GRE, but the PhD program does, so I took it and got 168 out of 170 in verbal reasoning, 6 out of 6 in analytical writing, and 158 out of 170 in quantitative (and I probably would have done better at that if I'd spent more than one weekend scraping 15 years of rust off of my math skills, but it's still more than good enough for my chosen degree program). This has me very happy and hopeful that I'll be admitted into my first choice program.

3. I'm currently the assistant director of my college's writing center. The number of students who are actually required to have appointments with us, in order to pass their courses, seems to have increased exponentially, so this is not a small job, LOL! We spent the whole semester recruiting additional tutors into the program and figuring out ways to accommodate all of the scheduling demands, and it has been INTENSE.

4. The result: Anything that isn't being written for a class, my thesis, or my PhD applications is simmering on a back burner and will be for a while. Sorry about that. That's what the situation has been for the last several months, really.

5. I have a car. It is blue. It's so liberating to not use the bus to get to classes. I'm going to be paying it off for many years, but it's so worth it to have this much more control over my life.

All in all, things are good. Horrendously busy but good. I do miss everybody from my online life and wish I had the kind of time I used to, to spend online, but given the professions (day job and writing) that I have lined up in my sights, I have no idea if or when I will have that much time again. I am thankful that I once did, and was able to get to know all of you and be enriched by your presence in my life, back when I did.

Profile

ardath_rekha: (Default)
Ardath Rekha

November 2013

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
242526272829 30

Most Popular Tags

Powered by Dreamwidth Studios